A new ritual we’ve added to our kids bedtime is picking a book. Each night Sonora and Josiah go to their little reading corner and choose one book they want read.
We enjoy seeing which book they pick. Sonora, who is all about princesses even has picked an Iron Man book more than once. Josiah likes trucks.
- Have a wide variety of books available. Include stories, picture books, animals, Bible stories, sports, novels and whatever interests your kids.
- Don’t skip reading with your kids. It has profound influence on academic success. Bedtime is a fantastic opportunity for this.
- Get hand-me-downs from families you know.
- Get your own book too. Kids occasionally have a hard time going to sleep. You can snuggle with them and still be learning and growing yourself.
- Again, make sure you have kids Bibles available. Amidst all the influences your child faces, make God’s Word a solid rock foundation for them from the earliest years of life.
- Reading is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. Kids and you need it. There are so many stresses you face. Find books that restore your soul and your kids’ souls.
- This is a great way to end everyone’s day peacefully as well! I’d rather that than constant nagging and arguing about getting back into bed.
Have a good sleep!
Leave a Reply